Dear BFIS Families and Friends,
The children have been busy preparing a wonderful winter performance for family and friends. This year, each grade level will be focusing on different traditions or musical genres popular in the winter season. Please try to assure your child´s attendance for the concert, as all students work together to create their performances, remember performance is a team activity!! The details of the winter concert are:
Thanks and we look forward to seeing you there! Please email me with any questions or concerns, or if your child will be unable to make the performance! I´m always happy to help!
Ms. Heather Gilles, General Music BFIS ES firstname.lastname@example.org
Details for Families!
Attire: All Students: BOTTOM: Black Pants or Skirt SHOES: Black Dress Shoes (parents, please no tennis shoes or heels as they aren´t safe for dancing!)
- Kindergarten Theme (Jingle): Please wear a yellow top
- First Grade Theme (Kwanzaa traditions): Green Top
- Second Grade Theme (Mexican Christmas traditions): White Top
- Third Grade Theme (Hanukkah traditions): Blue Top
- Fourth Grade Theme (Swinging Wintertime): White or Silver Top with Hat and Scarf (any colours…make it fun!!!)
- Fifth Grade Theme (Winter Comforts!): Cute/Silly Winter Sweater and Plastic Mug with Handle. (5th Grade Parents bring in extra plastic mugs if you have them, as they can be hard to find!!)
Students in 5th grade have been rehearsing diligently for their upcoming concert, and even played a part in deciding their attire for the concert. Students in 5th grade will need a plastic mug (like a coffee cup) and either a plain sweat in any colour OR an FUN WINTER SWEATER (see examples below) .
Explanation: Students can design their own ‘silly winter sweater’ using fabric or foam cut outs, or perhaps they already have one hanging in a closet! This is a great chance for them to be creative and have fun! Here are some examples of ¡¡¡winter sweaters’!
Looking forward to a wonderful concert!! -Ms. G!