As you prepare for our Semester 2 exams, it is expected and extremely important that you read this notice and follow the instructions exactly. While most of this information is the same as Semester 1 Exams, you are responsible for its contents and there will be NO allowance for ignorance of the expectations outlined here. (It is critical that 8th grade students read ALL of this new information, TWICE!)
First: Report to your advisory each morning for attendance and announcements at the usual time of 8:45AM.
Location: All of the tests (except those students receiving accommodation and previously notified) will be taken in the Auditorium. You will be directed by the teachers overseeing the exams.
Time: Exams begin Tuesday, June 10 and will run from June 10 to June 13. Exam 1 takes place from 9:15a-10:45a. There will then be a break from 10:45a-11:00a. Exam 2 takes place from 11:15a-12:45p.
Makeup exams and conflict exams will take place on Monday, June 16. If you do not have a conflict or makeup exam, you are not required to come to school on Monday, June 16.
1. Students should arrive 10 minutes before the start of the examination with all of their required materials (pens, pencils, calculators, etc.)
2. The testing space and surrounding areas must be quiet and students MAY NOT TALK when gathering for, during seating, and when leaving the testing area.
3. No outside materials will be allowed near your seat. You will be allowed only testing materials.
4. All mobile devices must be turned OFF and not on your person. Any cell phone on your person will be confiscated and you will be assumed to be cheating. You will receive a zero for your exam and disciplinary action will be taken. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
5. Students are NOT to open or write on their test until they are told to do so.
6. Read the directions carefully and completely when told to begin.
7. No student may leave during the first hour or in the last 15 minutes of the exam time. Students who arrive late within the first hour may be admitted but are not given additional time.
8. Once you leave an exam, you are only allowed in the Library, the cafeteria, or on the patio area outside the lunchroom.
9. During testing, you will be informed when there are 30 minutes remaining in the examination and when there are 5 minutes remaining.
10. Bathroom breaks should be avoided, but if you must leave, a staff member will accompany you and you will not receive any additional time.
11. Other than requests to use the restroom, teachers will NOT answer questions during the test.
12. All materials will be collected before students are allowed to leave the testing area. All paper used by a student will be attached to their exam paper.
13. Once you have completed your exam(s) for the day, please go home and study for your remaining exams. (The exception to this is Friday, June 13th for 8th grade students. On Friday, 8th grade students are required to meet at the auditorium at 1PM for a “Moving On Ceremony” rehearsal.
Should you have any questions, please see Mr. Fulce or Mr. Preston
Semester 2 Exam Schedule