WordPress provides this great tool that allows you to publish a blog post with one click. It’s called “Press This”, and it allows you to click this button while you are reading something interesting from some other site and then automagically it creates a blog post. It is a wonderful feature for bloggers as it help you highlight something that your read elsewhere on the web. Obviously you can add your own text to explain why your reader should check this content etc.
So how do you use it?
- Sign in
- Then click BFIS Blogoshere in the WordPress toolbar on top.
- Click Tools and a page with the following text shows up.
Press This is a bookmarklet: a little app that runs in your browser and lets you grab bits of the web.
Use Press This to clip text, images and videos from any web page. Then edit and add more straight from Press This before you save or publish it in a post on your site.
Drag-and-drop the following link to your bookmarks bar or right click it and add it to your favorites for a posting shortcut.
- So drag this icon to your bookmarks bar
- Now browse to something you want to blog about
- Highlight the text (and/or image)
- and click the Press This button you just dragged to the bookmark bar.
- At this point the new post is opening, just edit if needed, add the correct category, and some tags perhaps.
- Publish and done !